TOP 5 String Trimmer / Weed Eate
Having a nice looking yard does not end with mowing alone. You need to trim the lawn and edges to give it a professional look that everyone who walks into your home will envy. A nice beautiful yard requires a great string trimmer, some people call it weed eater / wacker. But choosing the best string trimmer for your home can be mind bogging for beginners because the market is offering so many options to choose from. And to make it even more challenging, they all look alike.
On top of this, some trimmers are overly expensive, yet their performance is below par. To save you the burden, we have thoroughly reviewed and compared the top rated string trimmers side by side, and we are happy to present you our top 5 best string trimmers and top 5 cheap string trimmers you can buy. Read below to learn how to buy the best string trimmers. After this guide read through our reviews and see which model best meet your needs. you might check out best leaf blowers as well: https://pickbestlawnmower.com/best-leaf-blower/
Our TOP 5 PICKS: Best 5 String Trimmers
Green Works Pro ST80L210
- High performance
- Easy load string system
- Ease of use
- Powerful battery
- 2-in-1 functionality
- High performance
- Ease of use
- High and consistent power
- Automatic Feed Spool
- Powerful battery
- Ease of use
- Long lasting
- 3-in-1 functionality
- Powerful battery
- Ease to use
BLACK+DECKER LCC140 40V - Best String Trimmer
This combo kit is best of the best. It is packed with great features. This combo kit brings the convenience of the finest form, and it’s worth throwing your bucks at.
Why this string trimmer is the best pick?
- Powerful battery: it’s powered by a 40V Max lithium battery that offers a longer runtime. This means you can cut a large area on a single charge. A state of charge indicator on the battery will show you the battery capacity as you continue trimming.
- 2-in-1 functionality: it is a real combo, two tools in one. You can either use it as a trimmer or as an edger. It converts to an edger in seconds to cut along sidewalks and driveways. It also feature an Automatic Feed Spool that prevent bumping. You can therefore do the work continuously.
- High performance: this powerful tool performs amazingly. Its 13-inches cutting swath and the Power Drive Transmission provide more power to prevent bogging down so that the job is done faster. The sweeper is light and powerful. It is therefore good for cleaning hard surfaces to leave your yard looking beautiful.
- Ease of use: although it is the heaviest in its class, it weighs less than a gas trimmer; it is therefore easy for everyone to use. The telescoping handle offers an ergonomic grip and a nice balance. The power dial helps you to switch between Min and Max power to cut thick weeds. On durability, this trimmer can never disappoint your expectations. It is made to last long and tackle the tough tasks.
Green Works Pro ST80L210 80V 16-Inch Cordless String Trimmer
For professionals who want more power, this is a fair deal. It is durable and a great performer which offer a good value for your money. Something everyone wants.
Why we recommend this String Trimmer ?
- High performance: the performance of this trimmer is just amazing. Up to 45 minutes of continuous power when its 2.0Ah battery is fully charged. There’s no power interruption once you start off. It also comes with a brushless motor that delivers more torque to the string. The extra power is as high as that of a 32cc gas engine. The battery recharges so fast, so you are back to work within no time.
- Ease of use: you may think this weed eater weigh a ton, but it is light in weight and very easy to use. The speed trigger is easy to engage so you can easily switch to suit your demand. It is well balanced, and the straight shaft enables you to get to the hard to reach places.
- Easy load string system: you will continue with job since the easy load string system on the head do all the work for you. Additionally, its 16” cutting head radius is one of the largest in the market.
- Durable: this powerful and cordless trimmer is designed to last long. Everything on it is sturdy, and the cutting swath is sturdy as well to cut through tough grass and weeds. Getting wrong with this trimmer is hard. It is just a buzz!
BLACK+DECKER LST136W 40V MAX Lithium Ion String Trimmer
Designed for cutting efficiency, Black+Decker enables you to choose the trimming power you need to get the job done faster. Thanks to the power command dial which allow you to make a choice between min power and max runtime.
BONUS - Get Exclusive Guide Totally Free of cost
What makes this string trimmer so great ?
- Convenience: it is a breeze to switch between cutting and edging tasks. Its head rotates up to 180—degrees. The Automatic Feed Spool System dispense more line to suit your needs. The handle has a quick release and ergonomic design.
- High and consistent power: you got to experience the power of its 40-volt Max lithium ion battery which delivers up to 33 percent of increased battery power on a single charge. The battery recharges quickly and can be removed with the click of a button. The state of charge indicator on the battery lets you know the charge level.
- Speedy: it comes with a power Drive transmission that delivers more torque to the cutting string; this allows you to get the job done even faster. Adding to this convenience is the power command dial which lets you chose different power for thick and tall weeds.
- Versatile: you buy it as a trimmer, but you can use it in more than one task. It converts quickly from trimmer to edger. With a telescoping handle, you can adjust the height to suit your needs. According to the majority, this string trimmer is one of the best to keep your yard and edges looking good.
DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer
This cordless trimmer is one of the best, and it comes with a 13- inch cutting swath. Controlling this trimmer is a breeze. The start trigger has variable speed control gives you better control of the machine.
Why we choose this ?
- Powerful battery: this machine uses a 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium-ion XR battery. The battery will give you a runtime of 40 minutes on low power setting and 20 minutes on high power setting. Keep in mind that this is a continuous running with heavy work. Recharging the batteries takes less than an hour. That aside, it also feature a brushless motor with patented gear drive design for extra torque when cutting higher loads.
- Automatic Feed Spool: No stopping when trimming because its bump system works well and effortlessly. Just tap a little to control over feed rate. This system ensures a continuous trimming without bumping.
- Ease of use: a very comfortable trimmer, easy to maneuver, quiet and almost vibration free. Performance is great, and the dual 0.080-inch line will cut through grass and weed 13-inches wide at full speed.
- Durable: It is a sturdy machine with no apparent flimsy parts. In addition, it is backed by a 3 year limited warranty, 1-year service warranty and a 90-day money back guarantee.
- Safe: it features a pro style guard for better access and visibility.
WORX 32-Volt GT2.0 String Trimmer
A 3-in one cordless trimmer packed with amazing features. It’s a lightweight trimmer that gets the job done effortlessly.
What's so great about this ?
- Long lasting: this machine is compact and designed to last enough time to get the job done. You don’t have to worry about its performance because there is a 3-years warranty that clears the doubt. You cannot get wrong with this machine.
- 3-in-1 functionality: this machine is multi-purpose and can convert into an edger or a mini-mower very fast. When you want to work on the edge and or detailed areas, the edger and mini-mower function helps you cut faster.
- Powerful battery: it comes with a 32v lithium ion battery and a charger. This battery delivers enough power consistently. Therefore, it will handle even the tough grass and weeds without complaint. It recharges very fast and holds charge for longer hours than most weed eaters.
- Versatility: the automatic feed spool does the job fast thus saving your time. No stopping here and then to make adjustments. You’ll, therefore, concentrate more on your work. Adding to this convenience are dual position wheels. These wheels allow you to make a uniform cut.
- Ease to use: the handle of this trimmer is adjustable and telescoping. You can customize it to fit your cutting needs. On top of this, the 90-degree tilting shaft allows you to cut weeds even in the hard to reach areas.
Best String Trimmer for the Money
- Adjustable handle
- High performance
- An auto feed spool
- Great Performance
GreenWorks 21212 4Amp
- 4-year warranty
- high-performance machine
GreenWorks 21272 5.5Amp
- Advanced attachments
- Exceptional performance
- 2-year warranty
- 25cc 2-engine
GreenWorks 21212 4Amp
It one of the cheapest string trimmer on the market. Costing just a fraction of high-end trimmers. However, the fact that it’s cheap doesn’t have anything to do with quality as it is compact and sturdy.
- Versatile: it’s not only a trimmer, but can also convert to edger in seconds. Just rotate the shaft and tighten it. It still manages most types of grass and weeds. However, it will struggle with tough weeds. All in all, its 13” swath and unique .065 dual line auto feed do a nice job.
- Light: the machine is light weighing just 4lbs and you don’t even need a shoulder strap. You can operate it for long hours without feeling tired.
- User-friendly: It is easy to start and use, thanks to the electric quick start. The trigger switch covers the whole handle and it just require a little effort to engage. What's more with this trimmer is adjustable and telescoping handle which ensure that it fit your height needs.
- Durable: it is cheap, but everything about it is rugged. It comes with a 4-year warranty, and therefore you don’t have to worry about its performance. It is well made and twice as strong as the industry standard.
Packed with great features, this string trimmer is one of the easiest to use. It is ideal for smaller yards but with its power it can still handle tough weeds.
- Adjustable handle: regardless of your height you will operate this machine easily. Just adjust the handle to fit your height. The handle is ergonomically designed, and this makes it so easy to use for anyone.
- High performance: its motor delivers enough power for maximum performance. Moreover, it has a power drive transmission that prevents the machine from bogging down when you take it to the tough grass and weeds. In its class, this trimmer is the best of all.
- An auto feed spool: this feature facilitate a continuous operation without bumping the line. This allow you to get the job done faster. You can convert it into an edger in seconds. Thanks to the guided wheels which facilitate a professional cut! It’s inexpensive and therefore a solid choice if you’re under budget.
BLACK+DECKER GH3000 - Best String Trimmer
This is a high performing weed eater and nothing short from its name. It is also versatile and can convert to an edger in seconds.
- Powerful: the mortar of this machine delivers more power than you even need to handle all sizes of grass, weed, and any overgrowth. The cord ensures that you don’t have to stop to change power source from time to time. It has wheeled edge guide which make it easy to trim around the driveways.
- Convenient: the GH3000 is lightweight so you can operate it for long hours without getting tired. You actually don’t need a shoulder strap. The handle is ergonomically designed to fit well in your hand; this gives you good control over the machine.
- Versatile: the Groom N Edge ™ features a quick latch release. This will help you to switch from trimming to edging within seconds. Just like its name, this GH3000 is a high-performance machine making a 14-inch cut path per sweep.
- Sturdy: it is compact and durable. Everything is designed to last longer and it will serve you for years without any problems.
GreenWorks 21272 5.5Amp - Weed Wacker Reviews
Another lightweight and corded string trimmer. It is compact and weighs just 6.9 pounds to minimize fatigue during long hours of operation.
- Powerful: powered by a 5.5 amp motor this weed eater produces enough power to get your job done with ease. On top of this its long power cord, permit you to cut a large area without frequent power interruptions. More so, the cord lock eliminates cord entanglement so that you can have a comfortable operation.
- User-friendly: its ergonomic handle fit most body parts to give you comfort and a complete control on the machine. Its shaft is adjustable and telescopic for easy use. Also, comes with a pivoting trimmer head which gives you access even to the tough areas.
- Advanced attachments: in its design, this machine is designed for multiple uses. It has several gas attachments so that you can perform several tasks on it. It is, therefore, flexible and economical for the job.
- Exceptional performance: of all weed eaters from the same manufacturer it is known to make the widest cut. Thanks to its 15-inches cutting swath. This allows you to speed up the job. It comes with double strings which are highly durable and effective on tall and tough grass.
Remington RM2560 - Weed Eater Reviews 2017
Keep stubborn vegetation in your yard just in under $100. This trimmer is designed to give your lawn a uniform look with minimal effort.
- Lightweight: you can carry it to the far end of your home and trim all the strings easily. This trimmer is light in weight, and thus you won’t feel very tired even after a whole day under the sun trimming your lawn. All materials are selected with the overall weight in mind.
- Powerful: This trimmer comes with a 25cc 2-engine which delivers enough power to manage all types of weeds. In addition to this, its engine features a quick start technology to reduce your effort in starting the engine.
- Convenient: tight spaces are sometimes difficult to trim depending on the design of the trimmer. But the manufacturers of the Remington Rustler has factored out this in the production stage. This trimmer has a straight shaft design, which helps you to trim even in tight space such as under hedges. Its 16-inch cutting swath and the dual line bump head allow you to cut a large area without making stops to refill the trimmer line.
- 2-year warranty: with proper management, this trimmer can serve you more than a decade. It is made to last! Besides, it is backed with a 2-year warranty to guarantee you incredible performance. At its price, it is a great trimmer for the budget.
Best String Trimmers: What To Look For ?
If you don’t want to take a lemon home always pay attention to the following factors.
- Design: make sure the shaft has a dedicated edging position. It’s the design of the shaft that determine whether you will be able to make a nice cut against sidewalks comfortably. A straight shaft is good because it gives you comfort while cutting, thus keeping you safe.
- Safety: the safety of the machine is an important consideration. If you want a corded string trimmer, make sure it has a cord lock to prevent the cord from getting in the way. That aside, make sure the starter switch is well protected to avoid accidental starting.
- Weight: you will be carrying the trimmer all around, so the overall weight of the machine is worth your consideration. Make sure the trimmer is light, and you can manage its weight for a long time without getting tired.
- String features: the width of the string is another important consideration. Look for a trimmer with a wide cutting swath so that you can clear a large area per sweep. However, make sure that it can still get through tight spaces. On average, a cutting swath of 12 inches is good.
- Ease of use: the machine should be easy to operate. Make sure the handle is ergonomically designed to give you a comfortable grip. Also, look for one that has a telescoping handle which you can easily adjust it to suit your height demands.
- Warranty: of course you don’t want a trimmer that will break in the first few months after purchase. Make sure the machine you buy is backed with more than 1-year limited warranty. It is also good to check whether the manufacturer offer money back guarantee because this boosts your confidence on its performance.
- Price: don’t be fooled that the best string trimmer is the most expensive on the market. Although we get what we pay for, some brands have poor performances despite their high prices. Therefore, look for all the required features before you throw your hard earned money on a machine. Some machines are budget friendly and still perform very well on the ground.
Living in a clean and beautiful environment is not an option. With one of the best string trimmer / Weed wacker, you can give your yard a stunningly beautiful look. Just make sure you consider our buying guide when walking into the market to get your string trimmer. And after going through our best picks in performance and price, we have no doubt that you can now settle for the very best string trimmer for you. Other than the buying guide, let your personal preferences guide you. But, don’t forget to share with us which string trimmer / Weed Eater you eventually settled at. check here one of new article about lawn fertilizer: https://pickbestlawnmower.com/best-lawn-fertilizer-brands/